Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Well They Kind of Are

WARNING: This story does not translate into text well but because when it happened I laughed so hard I had watery eyes I had to share.

Z received a gluttonous amount of gifts for his birthday. A gentle reminder of how blessed we are with generous friends and family but Zachary wasn’t kidding when he said he needed a present aisle designated in the house.

With the large amount of gifts there were a few duplications, not nearly as much as you would think but enough to warrant a trip to Target to return items and let him pick out a few different things. I must admit I am even embarrassed to put on here the dollar amount he had to shop with considering the pile of presents still sitting in the “aisle” at our home.

On our way home, Z wanted to open one of the toys he had selected. I told him that it was fine but beware if it had little parts. He proceeded to open one and then said “ah man! It has stupid wires.” I laughed a little – those twist tie things that hold toys onto packaging are a pain in the tookus. This challenge would keep him busy.

A few minutes later he said “Mom, I can’t get these stupid wires off.” I responded with an “I am driving so either keep trying or wait until we get home. And PLEASE stop calling them stupid.”

He paused and quietly said “But that is what Auntie C said they were called – stupid wires.”

No comments:

Post a Comment