Thursday, March 31, 2011

MK Doesn't Buy Exciting Things

Day 12: Something I Bought Recently

I have to say this entry is so far my least favorite of the challenge. Thinking over my latest purchase is not an exciting task...groceries, gas, Pizza Hut, etc. Even if I expand my "recently" to be as broad as the time frame of the photo from Day 11, I am not sure that anyone will enjoy a blog about it.

We did buy a new house in Dec 2009 - that is big and causes a blip on the interesting scale.

Got an iPhone last fall -- I have to say that it's pretty cool. Love to video chat with the kiddos (and Chad of course) while I am on the road.

I have been introduced to this drink called Spark. I bought a big old tub of it and I really like it. It has a CRAZY TON of vitamin B but the real reason I got it -- caffeine. Yep -- one serving has 120 mg of caffeine and for those of you that don't know -- one coke has 30 mg -- a cup of coffee has 60 mg. So I just pour this miracle powder into my bottle of water in the morning and I am set for the day. Couldn't tell you the last time I bought a DDP at work! Caffeinated water -- why couldn't I have invented it?

We bought our plane tickets to St Maarten's to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary -- let the count down begin. Actually aside from the fact that it is a beach vacation (my favorite!), I am proud to say that this will probably be the cheapest thing we do for awhile. We used airline miles for the tickets and only had to pay a processing fee. We are going with the Espinozas (who will also be celebrating 10 years while we are actually there) and Jess' aunt has a house in St. Maarten so we don't have to pay for lodging.

And that is the glorified version of rifling through my wallet staring at my receipts.

I think tomorrow's entry will be just as riveting.

1 comment:

  1. Um, I wanna goooooooooooo! Whaaaa!

    Actually, I'm going on a beach vacation soon, too! 37 days and counting....

    I can't WAIT to read your next post. ;o) Love y'all!

    P.S. When's Chad gonna start blogging HIS list??? (hint! Hint! Nudge! Nudge!)

    ReplyDelete