Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Current Picture of MK

Day 11: A Photo of Me Taken Recently



What is your definition of recently? I fudged on the 10 years ago photo so I guess I will fudge on the "recently" photo.

Chad captured this moment when I obviously didn't know. I have on no make up, my hair is a mess, and I am wearing an ugly shirt. Rylee (who is about four months in this picture) is not in a super cute outfit and she has the paci in her mouth. If I had known Chad was going to take a picture, I would have put a stop to it. I am so glad I didn't know.

I love this picture. I was exhausted and apparently so was she. I was back at work but still nursing in the middle of the night so me dozing when she did was common.

Poor Z, the first born, was not allowed many opportunities like these little naps. "If you rock them to sleep or let them fall asleep in your arms, they will never learn to sleep on their own!" Oh sweet boy I am sorry for both of us that I felt compelled to listen to that advice and put you in your crib at the first sign you were tired. We both missed out my little love. (As a side note - Z does sleep a heck of a lot better than Rylee -- personality or early formed sleep habits? Hmmmm)

When I look at this picture, I can still feel the warmth of her head against my cheek. I feel the soft almost velvetness of her hair on my skin. I feel her little back rising and falling with each breath. I hear the little sighs and binkie noises that come with babies sleeping. Beautiful little one.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet photo...perfectly captures motherhood. Sleep deprivation and unconditional love all in one Kodak moment.

    You can still snuggle up with Z. It's not too late....

    ReplyDelete