Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater Vol. 2

Entry 2 of the blogs that I am cheating to create. I am going to take a complete shortcut to blogging and use my Facebook status’ as prompts for the happenings in the Martin house over the past several months where I was too busy/tired/uncreative to update our journal.

May 22nd - On Vacation! On Vacation! See you work folks in JUNE!!!
May 28th - my chi flat iron is the most useless waste of packing space when visiting a humid location


We took our first just us family vacation in May. Chad’s company owns a condo in South Padre on the beach so we headed south for the Martin Family Vacation. I have to tell you I was dreading it – not the vacation but the drive down and the drive back. Someone I work with is from Brownsville and she makes the drive all the time – she said it usually takes her about 10 hours going fast with bathroom stops. Add two children with multiple bathroom stops and food stops and get out and let the feeling back in your butt cheeks stops – I thought for sure it would be a 14 hr trip.

Chad in his brilliance said – let’s stop in San Antonio and go to Sea World. After a rocky start, the kids ended up enjoying Sea World. Rylee fell in love with puffins – squealing, shrieking, in love and Z fed dolphins and sea lions and walked away with a stuffed Shamu he named Sparkles.



The kids loved the beach and the pool and we had a great time. The last day Rylee had a fever that kept her down that day – poor girl and Chad and Z went to see the turtles.




We did attempt one “nice” dinner where we all dressed up and went early to avoid the crowd and it was not as smooth as we wanted. The restaurant didn’t have a booster seat so Rylee would constantly stand up and try to jump from chair to chair. Neither kid would eat the fancy fish sticks because they were real fish sticks as opposed to Van de Kamps. Just a gentle reminder of why we don’t do formal dinners as a family.

The drive home we thought we would try to make it to Austin and when we hit Austin we decided to just go home. And we made it in about 10 ½ hours so my friend here at work must be a pokey driver.

As always – vacation is fun but when it is over you are ready for it to be over:



June 1 - Happy Birthday to my wonderful brother Jamey -- I love you! Hopefully this declaration of love and birthday wishes in a very public location will make up for the fact that not only didn't I send you a gift --- you aren't even getting a card. Course you probably find this more embarrassing -- public display of affection and all. Oh well what are big sisters for???!!

Don’t see enough of my brother…love that I am related to someone so cool. There were times growing up I questioned whether both of us would make it to adulthood alive. I was bossy (SHOCKING!) and self righteous and he was ornery and possessed every stereo-typical trait a little brother could have.

Some wicked battles growing up but it all seemed to turn out ok with some good memories to boot. I hope Z and Rylee get to know their uncle and the amazing man that he is.

June 13th - Food for thought from Zachary over dinner -- "I think they should call Earth Texas"


Chad is very proud of his Texas born son. He seems to have a grip on the mentality already.

No comments:

Post a Comment