Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater Vol. 1

So begins a series of entries that I am cheating to create. I am going to take a complete shortcut to blogging and use my Facebook status’ as prompts for the happenings in the Martin house over the past several months where I was too busy/tired/uncreative to update our journal.

May 1 - Drama this AM with Z getting four stitches but washed away by the fun lunch with friends!!!

Z mysteriously fell down on the tile entryway and cut his chin open – actually he busted it open. Chad and I had this deal long before children that I would deal with vomit and he will deal with blood. Sadly for Chad, he has had more vomit in his life than he could have expected and fortunately for all of us we have not had any real blood situations up to this point.

I heard the fall (I was upstairs) and Chad was in the kitchen so by the time I got down there Chad already had Z in our bathroom. There was blood and I peeked. It actually looked to me as if the edge of something (I am convinced our staircase) actually punctured his chin.

Kudos to Z for being so very calm despite the nervous parents. No question that he needed to go to the ER and get stitches and he just held that bundle of gauze under his chin.

I stayed at home with Rylee and finished getting ready for our company (we had a play date for lunch that day) and Chad took Z to the hospital. This trip was their second time to go to Centennial so they were old pros at this scenario.

I should let Chad jump in here and give a description but Reader’s Digest version is they had to strap him down and burrito him/mummify him and stitch up his chin. He didn’t cry – brave boy – and he came home with four stitches or whiskers as we called them.


By the time our friends showed up a lunch he was over it. Wish I could have recovered from it that fast!

May 9th - After each Cootie piece he wins, Z says quite seriously "Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner." Love that kid!! It is a happy Mother's Day!

I first heard “Winner Winner Chicken Dinner” from a colleague of mine who was in sales – I have never heard it before Chris said it. The statement cracked me up so much I guess I used it with Z. When he said it during our friendly game of Cootie, I posted the above to Facebook specifically for Chris. I was amazed at how many people commented and knew of this goofy saying. You have to admit it is kind of catchy and I bet you’ll say it a few times in your head!

May 16th - I am disturbed by the utter gooey sticky-ness a milk soaked Kix ball has.

How I would LOVE a maid! I am too much of a messy person to have a house with kids – they just compound the issue. I am convinced that Kix Cereal was meant as torture to us non-neat housekeepers!

Rylee is allergic-ish to wheat – she tests on the low reaction scale - so I was buying her corn and oat based cereals and then enters our life Kix and Kix with Berries (meaning Kix with pink colored balls).

When Kix balls get wet they are just like a dollop of glue. They stick to tables, chairs, hands, PJs, floors, etc. Rylee would get up from eating breakfast and her bottom would be covered in these Kix balls like dingleberries.

God forbid you miss one when you are cleaning up (like those folks that are not great housekeepers are inclined to do) and it dries. Depending on the surface the Kix ball has dried to, you may have to get out some serious weaponry to remove it.

Needless to say Chad has asked that I discontinue bringing Kix into our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment