Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The one I haven't met yet

There is a stranger in the house. Doesn't talk much, basically self centered, but she is making the gradual effort to fit in. A stare here, a giggle there; she is coming around.

I get to meet a little more of her each day.

The unlocking of her little mind is an incredible journey. Each day, some epiphany blooms on her face. Someday soon, I'll forget that she wasn't all here at first. I'll forget that all we got was a cry for communication. But- I hope I also always remember that she was contented to show love by snuggling under my chin. -CMM

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet, Chad. Um, is it getting tighter? That feeling of being wrapped around her little finger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful my dahling...you captured it quite sweetly and quite completely. I hope I remember too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. You should write for Hallmark. Your ladies are so lucky to have you areound to talk sweet nothings.

    ReplyDelete