Friday, January 23, 2009

Your Daily Dose of QPM

So yesterday morning I faced an interesting dilemma. My son has horrible dry skin issues which also affect his lips. He is constantly licking his lips giving him the raw-peely-you-tell-by-looking-it-hurts lips. Chad and I frequently slather both our children with Aquaphor hoping that their skin will someday be smooth and not so red, bumpy and itchy.

In the rush to get out the door, I was a bad mom. Totally forgot and did not smear my son with the miracle vaseline. So as I was getting him out of the car at school, I notice those poor, pathetic, cracked to point of bleeding (TOLD YOU I was a bad mom) lips. I started digging around my purse for my chapstick and I could only find Burt's Bees tinted lip balm.

Decision time. In this quandary do I:

A. Leave him miserable with those bleeding lips
or
B. Coat his lips with Fig Lip Shimmer

The answer is best summed up by this question from Zachary – “Mommy why are you making me wear lipstick?”

I wonder if he said anything to his teacher or friends. Maybe they didn’t notice the reddish/brown color on my son’s lips. Or maybe his teacher and classmates thought he drank some koolaid at breakfast.

3 comments:

  1. I know I live and breathe as a mom by the mantra, "You do what you have to," but J won't even put on cherry chap stick because it makes him look like he's wearing lipstick (and he doesn't like the taste of it, unlike Katy Perry). He would never have let me put lip gloss on him!

    Should we start a therapy fund now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as an FYI - the regular Burt's Bees works wonders on chapped lips - stays on forever, with no drag queen connotations. Have I mentioned that I LOVE reading your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. M's Katy Perry comment is AWESOME! Ha ha! We've all made our sons wear some form of lipstick. If all else fails, we'll show thme the picture of Josh at RA #17 when he willing wore lipstick and red nail polish.

    ReplyDelete