Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I have seen these "TAG" things on blogs before. I enjoy reading them but have never experienced it personally. Really never gave any thought to doing it. However I was "tagged" by Michelle (Ok...So... author), then nudged on by Britta (Vice Chancellor of Sunshine) and I am much too lazy to come up with my own entry this week (Annual Thanksgiving Party prep is wearing me down!) So I am going to participate - if it doesn't intrigue you, so be it - skip this entry.

10 Years Ago I...
1. LIVED in Arlington, Texas and was planning the first ATP...just didn't know it was the beginning of the tradition. We were just inviting friends over to drink!
2. DROVE a long way to my job in Dallas in my 1991 Mazda Protege. It was affectionately known as Leprosy-mobile because it's white paint started to patchwork peel like it was diseased. I bought that car for $5,000 in 1992 and drove it until 2003. It was ugly but it was good to me.
3. WORKED at Parker College of Chiropractic in the Post-Graduate / PSPS seminars department. My friend Barrie got me the job but then moved to New Jersey -- no correlation between her move and my working there...at least I don't think so. The work environment shifted and became awkward and negative (again no correlation between Barrie's departure and the hell that took over Parker) but I can't dog it too much since it got me into the trade show business and I have had two jobs since then and LOVED both of them.
4. TOOK A ROAD TRIP to Lubbock to help my friend Marge pack up her stuff and move in with Leigh Anne and Drew in Bedford. I eventually shared an apartment with Marge - for nearly 2 1/2 years.
5. DISCOVERED that I was totally in love with Chad Martin. Can't believe it has been ten years but then again I feel like he has been my best friend my whole life.

5 Things on Today's To Do List
1. Clean the house for the ATP
2. Shop for food for the ATP
3. Cook food for the ATP
4. Set up the house for the ATP
5. Pick up Marge from the airport for the ATP

I am a little frightened that the ATP is consuming my world. I have two wonderful children that may like some affection and attention not to mention some meals from their mother.

5 Snacks I Enjoy
It may be easier to list 5 snacks I don't enjoy because I eat most everything so picking just 5 -- what is that about??!
1. Chips and Queso
2. Carrots and Spinach Dip
3. Salami Rolls
4. Crackers and Allouette
5. Fruit

Funny this is the appetizer list for this weekend. Very strange.

5 Places I Have Lived
1. Lubbock, TX
2. Columbia, MO
3. Broken Arrow, OK
4. Toms River, NJ
5. Baubenhausen, Germany

5 Jobs I Have Had
1. Operations Supervisor - Worlds of Fun
2. Residential Life Director - Texas Tech
3. Hotel Operator - Hilton Grapevine
4. Strategic Account Manager - Exhibitgroup/Giltspur
5. Operations Manager - Hanley Wood Exhibitions

I find it kind of funny that I went from Operations Supervisor to Operations Manager -- not amusing to anyone but me I am sure.

I will consider this entry additional documentation for my children and not a way to get out of doing a blog this week.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing! You and Britta are so prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my case, I'm nore bored than prompt. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete