Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ok Maybe Not but There are Sprinkles!

Zachary loves the cookies that you buy from the store – you know the ones that are the sugar cookies with the bright frosting and sprinkles. We were down to one and I told him I would put it in a baggie and save it for him. He worried constantly that someone else would eat it.

So tonight after eating a very good dinner, finishing his homework in record time, and completely picking up all his toys AND his sister’s toys I told that I thought he should get his cookie and sit down to eat with Chad who had just gotten home and was eating dinner.

Zachary said that he thought that maybe Daddy would want the cookie. I was stunned – I mean he LOVES these cookies and he had been panicking that someone would eat it. I thought it was so “sweet” (HA!) that Z was offering this prize cookie to his hard working Dad.

I think Chad was also taken aback. He told Z that it was such a generous offer but that cookie really had Zachary’s name on it.

Zachary said oh ok and went to the pantry retrieved the cookie and came back. He stared at it for a while and then told Chad "Daddy I don’t think they put my name on it."

No comments:

Post a Comment