Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I was inspired today...

OK – I know these seems totally and completely random for me but it struck me so much that I wanted to share. I have pulled these sentences out of context from Richard Rohr’s daily meditation and the point of the meditation was more about sharing in Christ consciousness but the bold sentence lead me in another direction.

We have to let go of the passing names by which we have tried to name ourselves and become the “naked self before the naked God.” Your bare, undecorated self is already and forever the beloved child of God. When you can rest there, you will begin to share in the universal Christ consciousness, or the “mind of Christ.”

It is so hard for me to wrap my brain around that bold sentence. Naked to me is pretty much the most vulnerable position you can put me in – to stand before God naked with my sins, my bad decisions, my anger, my hurt is a frightening prospect to say the very least. It is not as easy as one would think to remember how very loved we are by our Father – ironic huh? We love our children unconditionally and yet there are many moments in my life I forget that I am loved unconditionally with all my flaws and in my nakedness by God.

As my dear friend Debra has said – There is nothing I can do to make God love me more and there is nothing I can do to make God love me less.

No comments:

Post a Comment