Monday, January 3, 2011

Mom Gets Khaki

Zachary’s obsession with Star Wars continues and he has downloaded every possible G-rated Star Wars game to “his” iPhone (please note we did not buy our 5 year old son an iPhone – it is Chad’s old phone that Z plays games on). One of these games borrows a line from the New Hope movie – Han Solo tells Luke – “nice shot kid – now don’t get cocky.” For some reason, Z is convinced that Han Solo is saying khaki.

I have tried to correct him but now he says pants are cocky and Luke is khaki. ANYWAY – we were having the same discussion about cocky vs. khaki and Z says – “now what do you say cocky means?”

I try to tell my kindergartener that cocky is arrogant (because he knows that word??) or a know-it-all. Zachary then says that Amare (a kid in his class) is a know-it-all and that he is Ms. K’s jet.

I try to clarify with Zachary – “do you mean pet? Is he Ms. K’s pet?”

Looking at me like I am crazy, Zachary say “No Mom I said jet.”

Because I feel the need to push the issue, I respond “you mean pet with a p right? A teacher’s pet?”

Frustrated with me, Zachary gets up to leave and says “No mom jet with a j not a p but a j.” And he turns his back to me and starts walking out, slowly turns around, shakes his head and says “besides, Ms. K likes cats.”

1 comment:

  1. It could be he's exhibiting a British accent. K says "khaki" like I say "cocky". Actually, he says "khaki" and "car key" the same way. Not to add to the confusion, just to show what I'm up against! :o/. LOL

    ReplyDelete