Friday, June 20, 2008

Two More Instances of Cuteness

1. Zachary has been going to a true daycare facility this week while Ms. Carrie is on vacation. He has been loving it saying things like -- Best School EVER -- GREATEST day ever! So he seems to have acclimated despite my hesitation. So I was driving him home and we went by a truck on those huge tires and Z got excited.

"Look at those tires Mommy - those would work on Miles' car!" Miles is Ms. Carries youngest son (who is about 20) and Z really looks up to him. This comment is the first time he has mentioned anything about Carrie's all week. So I ask him:

"Oh yeah, Miles. Do you miss Miles?"

He said "I do. I miss Miles. I miss Ms. Carrie. I miss Olivia, Emma, Kylie, and Sofie. I miss Jayden."

I didn't want to point out to him that actually Emma is the only one left of that original crew still at Ms. Carries so I just said "You miss them huh?"

He said "Yep. They're my boys."

2. Zachary is very aware that baby sister is growing in Mommy's tummy. He was (as he calls it) a "good sharing boy" and covered baby sister (aka my stomach) with his precious no one else can touch it blanket. I was stunned - both Chad and I looked at each other impressed that our son would share such an important item in his world.

Then to put it over the top for me, he got a Teddy Graham cookie and stuck it in my belly button to share with his baby sister.

1 comment:

  1. So THAT's the function of the belly button....!
    I knew it was good for something!

    ReplyDelete