Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Most Beautiful Song

When Zachary was little I sang him this little song:

I love you Zachary
Oh yes I do
I love you Zachary
That is true
When you're not near me
I'm blue
OOOOOh Zachary
I love you!

I sang it over and over. When we were driving some where and I couldn't hold him while he cried I would sing it -- just doing stuff around the house I would sing it. He calls it the "Zachary Song." Sometimes he will interchange Zachary for Mommy or Daddy -- making my heart melt. But for 3 1/2 years now that is his song.

So I asked him the other day since he has a Zachary song what would Baby Sister's song be. He immediately said the Lightening McQueen song. I thought he misunderstood so I said "you have the Zachary song (I sang it here for him) so what will be Little Sister's song." And like I was crazy he said "Lightening McQueen song!" He then sang to his little sister the Sheryl Crow song "Real Gone" from Cars. When he was done he looked up at me and smiled with such pride. You know what -- his little sister did a dance when she heard her brother. Moments like these make a pregnant woman cry...

No comments:

Post a Comment