Monday, June 9, 2008

The Entertainment Continues

A few funny moments brought to you by Zachary James Martin:

* One evening Zachary tell us he wants to watch "the dirty show." Chad and I are looking at each other with raised eyebrows like what have YOU been watching with our son. So we ask what is the dirty show? He said the dirty show from today. That's when it hits me -- we had the TV on Discovery and there were two or three Dirty Jobs shows in a row. Good to know he likes muck better than smut!

* This past weekend our friends the Hards came over for lunch and Zachary had a gross running nose. Kat saw him dripping and asked if he would like a Kleenex and he turned to her and said "Yes I would -- it doesn't taste so good." We did say come over for lunch!

* Zachary now pulls his socks up to his knees...by the way he is not Zachary he is now Mr. Incredible and those aren't his socks, they are his superhero boots.

* Bed time stalling tactics include: Drinking all of his water so he has to have more fresh water, he needs his ceiling fan turned on (or off depending on what it is doing when he goes to bed), he is scared of something random, has to go potty, or wants us to know that his toy is over there. Sometimes he only calls us in to tell us "I awake!"

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, my 17-year-old still uses bedtime stalling tactics, they include, but are not limited to:
    1) I haven't taken my shower yet, but I was just about to do that. (Translation: I've been playing my guitar, on the computer, the phone, on on the xBox for the last few hours and didn't know it was time for bed.)
    2) Just one more level...(this becomes the mantra when video games are introduced to their worlds...delay that introduction as long as possible!!)
    3) I forgot to do my (insert homework assignment here), but it'll only take me 10 minutes (Translation: 10 homework minutes = another hour, maybe more, in real time)

    ReplyDelete