Thursday, May 29, 2014

Is She Like the Muffin Man?

“Do you know the lunch lady?”

This is a text I received today from Rebecca, the mother of one of Rylee’s school friends.  I have no idea where this is going or what makes her ask so I am intrigued.  I tell her no I do not – why?  And she tells me that the lunch lady has just given Rylee a birthday present.  WTH???  Huh??

Rylee’s birthday is in the summer – July 31st to be specific – so her teacher assigned her and all the other summer birthdays a day in the last month of school where the student can bring in treats to celebrate his or her birthday.  Today is Rylee’s birthday celebration – she brought pink donuts with sprinkles.  Rebecca goes on to tell me that Rylee is wearing a birthday hat – oh my gosh – my daughter is totally milking this unofficial birthday thing and getting presents from the lunch lady! 

Well two nights ago Rylee did pray to God that she will have a good birthday today.  Apparently He answered in the form of a gift from the lunch lady. 


I am wondering what on earth this present could be and does the lunch lady keep pre-wrapped gifts in the back for all of the birthday children and I really hope Ry knows the lunch lady’s real name because I can not bring myself to have her write a thank you note to Dear Lunch Lady.

UPDATE:
Just sent to me by the AlphaBest (after school care) Teacher:
"I decorated her spot for her for snack time!"


No comments:

Post a Comment