Sunday, June 5, 2011

A video? Like one??? Try THREE!

Day 23: A video

Can't pick just one so....

Video 1: Z calls 911

This video is Zachary at his Safety Town field trip that I was able to chaperone. He was "volunteered" to show what it is like to make a 911 call. I wish I had video taped the screen he was looking at - it was a picture of a frying pan in huge flames. I also wish the audio was better so you could hear his answers. I was very proud of him -- he seems to have a bit of dramatic flair (say what???) and was quite a natural up there despite never having called 911 in real life. However, what makes me smile the most is the end where his classmates make room for him on the steps and he high fives his friend Cristian -- it's a goofy mom thing I guess -- proud to see your child interacting with his friends.




Video 2: Ry does yardwork


Rylee is all about "I do it!" "I try" and all the stereotypical independent phrases a 2 year can say. I picked this video of her because: 1. She had to do it (but Chad wouldn't let her do it on her own for obvious reasons) and 2. She is wearing a tutu. She does everything in a tutu -- a PINK tutu. Getting her ready for school in the morning is a battle because I don't let her wear her tutus to school -- she would sleep, shower, and play in a tutu if we would let her. While annoying at times - I have to admit this pink girly tutu phase makes me smile -- she looks so darn cute!!




Video 3: Super the Batman


My favorite video of my absolutely favorite three people. I think this showcases another reason I am completely in love with Chad - he is a down in the ditches Dad. He is not afraid to get on the floor and play and be involved. Not every dad has wicked light saber battles or defends himself from two little Power Rangers wielding Nerf swords or gives horse back rides or plays freeze blanket. Z and Ry -- we are a very lucky and incredibly blessed family to have the Daddy we do!!



2 comments:

  1. I'm embarassed to admit I've forgotten about this blog. I'm still diving into it, but it's pretty amazing. And you're right: unfortunately, a lot of dads are more obsessed with their smart phones or ball games or whatever. I know dads who literally think that parenting is the mom's job and that their job is to earn the income. I don't get it. But props to Chad for being a hands on dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto everything Matt said...except the part about forgetting about your blog. I've never forgotten, just get distracted...ooooh shiny!

    ReplyDelete