Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Twist On A Classic Tune

Zachary loves to go to Target but not for the same reason I do. I could spend hours shopping there - clothes, shoes, cards, candles, picture frames, ice cream, etc - you get the idea. Zachary LOVES (his word) Target because he gets a rainbow cookie and milk when we go.

Last night, we took a small venture to Target (make sure you say with a French accent - Tarzjey) for some Valentines miscellaneousness. He had his cookie and his milk and was a very happy camper. Towards the end (that mean after an hour of sitting in the cart) he starts to entertain himself by singing the alphabet song over and over. Seriously - over and over. The check out lady was amused at first and then annoyed -- I think because she knew it would be stuck in her head all night. I just had to laugh and sing along.

It did remind me of a blog post I wanted to make. When Z first learned the alphabet song, he would get stuck in a loop and would keep singing only because he couldn't figure out how to end the song.

He would sing: "A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z, now I know my ABCDE, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z, now I know my ABCDE, F, G, etc."

A round of applause for the musical genius that is Zachary James Martin. Oh how I love that kid!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment