Thursday, November 8, 2007

Tummy Troubles

For some reason on the way home from Ms. Carries house yesterday, Zachary said over and over "I need to go to the doctors." I know that Ms. Carrie hasn't been feeling well so maybe she said it and he overheard? I decided to explore this comment. So I asked "Why do you need to go to the doctor? Does your head hurt?"

He said no and that he needed to go to the doctor. So I asked "Does your tummy hurt?" and he responded with a very definite yes -- his tummy hurt.

I continued quizzing him - did his toe hurt? His finger? His ear? I was just wanting to see what he would say. He answered no to all of the above with the exception of his tummy.

He just repeat "I need to go to the doctor - my tummy hurts." I was still not convinced that his tummy truly hurt - it was merely the power of suggestion. So I asked him what would make it feel better and his answer was milk. I told him I didn't think that milk was very good for a hurting tummy.

By this time we had arrived home and he walks in the kitchen looking for his hunkin (z speak) and his candies (z speak again.) I told him that he could not have candy with a hurting tummy. He agreed that it wouldn't be a good idea to eat his Halloween candy when his tummy hurts.

He ran in to his room and called for me. I walk in and his shirt is up and he is rubbing his tummy. I start to wonder if maybe I have misread this whole thing and his tummy really does hurt (BAD MOMMY!) I asked him if I could rub his stomach or hold him or help. He said "I need a wipe."

I am confused at this point and ask him "What?" And he points to his Pamper wet wipes and asks for a wipe please. So I hand him the wipe and he rubs his tummy with it. He throws the "used" wipe in the trash, looks up at me and says "WOW! My tummy feels all better! I need candy please."

No comments:

Post a Comment